top of page

Trainee (H-3)

The H-3 nonimmigrant visa category allows foreign nationals to remain in the United States temporarily as either a:


  • Trainee - to receive training in any field, other than graduate medical education or training, that is not available in the applicant’s home country; or

  • Special Education Exchange Visitor - to participate in a training program regarding the education of children with physical, emotional or mental disabilities.


Spouses and minor children (under the age of 21) of H3 visa holders may apply for an H-4 visa, which allows them to accompany H1-B visa holders during their stay in the U.S. H-4 visa holders are not allowed to work in the U.S.

bottom of page