H3 Visa: Trainee or Special Education Visitor


The H-3 nonimmigrant visa category allows foreign nationals to remain in the United States temporarily as either a:


  • Trainee - to receive training in any field, other than graduate medical education or training, that is not available in the applicant’s home country; or

  • Special Education Exchange Visitor - to participate in a training program regarding the education of children with physical, emotional or mental disabilities.


Family Visa Eligibility


Spouses and minor children (under the age of 21) of H1-B visa holders may apply for an H-4 visa, which allows them to accompany H1-B visa holders during their stay in the U.S. H-4 visa holders are not allowed to work in the U.S.


How We Can Help


We have experience with highly complex immigration filings and can prepare petitions for trainees in a broad variety of occupational fields. Our multi-disciplinary background in engineering and business makes us particulary skilled at preparing applications for technical and commercial trainees.   In addition to our legal expertise, our language skills in Spanish and Portuguese allow us to easily communicate with Latin American, Spanish, and Portuguese clients.